News and Events
- 09-Oct-2016 The Oldest Restaurant in Australia?
- 04-Oct-2016 Feature article in The Australian
- 10-Aug-2016 Pinetrees on the Lifestyle Channel
- 10-Jun-2016 TripAdvisor's No. 1 Hotel on Lord Howe Island
- 09-Jun-2016 Six of the Best Yoga Retreats
- 07-Jun-2016 Ocean Swim Week review in the Herald Sun
- 02-May-2016 Best Destinations for a 4 Day Break
- 16-Apr-2016 World Class Paradise
- 09-Apr-2016 Feature in Great Walks Magazine
- 17-Mar-2016 Launch of the Lord Howe Island Cookbook
- 03-Mar-2016 Double page spread in Woman's Day
- 01-Mar-2016 10 Coolest Hotspots on the Planet
- 05-Jan-2016 TripAdvisor's Top 25 Hotels in Australia
- 04-Jan-2016 Review in Australian Photography Magazine
- 14-Dec-2015 Top 3% of Hotels in the World!
- 01-Dec-2015 Feature in Australian Geographic
- 19-Oct-2015 Review in Australian Photography Magazine
- 16-Oct-2015 Lord Howe Island Dive Weeks
- 11-Oct-2015 "a chic restoration"
- 10-Oct-2015 Best place in Australia!
- 30-Aug-2015 Feature article in Get Lost Magazine
- 10-Aug-2015 Feature article in Outer Edge
- 28-Jul-2015 Six of the Best Photography Tours
- 24-May-2015 Sydney Weekender at Pinetrees
- 05-Mar-2015 Meet the locals: Georgia Shick
- 14-Feb-2015 Meet the locals: Betty Thompson
- 26-Jan-2015 Sydney Morning Herald Review
- 21-Jan-2015 Interview with Australian Photography Magazine
- 19-Jan-2015 Review of the inaugural Ocean Swim Week
- 16-Jan-2015 Pinetrees food experience
- 14-Jan-2015 Our menu from January Week 1
- 12-Jan-2015 Meet the locals: Craig Thompson
- 11-Jan-2015 A fresh take on Lord Howe Island
- 06-Jan-2015 What do our guests say?
- 01-Jan-2015 Happy Birthday Dani!
- 20-Dec-2014 News from December 2014
- 03-Dec-2014 WINNER in People's Choice Awards!
- 17-Nov-2014 The New Pinetrees Rooms!
- 26-Oct-2014 Win 7 Nights at Pinetrees
- 12-Oct-2014 Major renovations at Pinetrees
- 04-Oct-2014 Lord Howe Island land tenure review - part 2
- 03-Oct-2014 Hilarious review of Spring Wellness Week
- 01-Sep-2014 Tourism issues on Lord Howe Island - Part 1
- 27-Aug-2014 Feature article in Women's Fitness Magazine
- 25-Aug-2014 And the WINNER is...
- 17-Aug-2014 The Best Job in Australia
- 23-Jun-2014 Feature article in Escape
- 17-Jun-2014 Renovations at Pinetrees
- 05-Jun-2014 WANTED for the Best Job in Australia
- 01-Jun-2014 June Newsletter
- 01-May-2014 Lord Howe Island SWOT - part 1
- 01-May-2014 Lord Howe Island SWOT - part 2
- 18-Apr-2014 Greatest Holidays of Australia
- 28-Feb-2014 Wilderness Weeks on ABC Radio
- 24-Feb-2014 Feature article in the Sun Herald
- 23-Jan-2014 Feature article in Green Lifestyle Magazine
- 18-Jan-2014 Feature article in the Sydney Morning Herald
- 20-Dec-2013 Feature in Delicious Magazine
- 10-Dec-2013 Women's Fitness Magazine
- 25-Nov-2013 November Walking and Photography Week
- 20-Nov-2013 November Wellness Week Review
- 18-Nov-2013 Feature in Great Walks Magazine
- 11-Nov-2013 Cooking with Tom Kime
- 01-Nov-2013 Lord Howe Land Tenure - Part 1
- 26-Oct-2013 Inaugural Wilderness Challenge Week
- 15-Oct-2013 Cooking with Peter Kuruvita
- 07-Oct-2013 Cooking with Tom Kime - Day 1 recipes
- 07-Oct-2013 Cooking with Tom Kime - Day 3 Recipes
- 07-Oct-2013 Master Chef Tom Kime - Day 2 recipes
- 07-Oct-2013 Peter Kuruvita recipes
- 23-Sep-2013 Peter Kuruvita's Sri Lankan recipes
- 25-Aug-2013 Glenn A Baker at Pinetrees
- 19-Aug-2013 Pinetrees on TV with the Bondi Vet
- 29-Jul-2013 Review of the July Wilderness Week
- 23-Jul-2013 Armchair traveller: kayaking on the lagoon
- 21-Jul-2013 June Wilderness Discovery Week
- 14-Jul-2013 Armchair traveller: Mt Gower
- 11-Jul-2013 20 hours of great live music
- 09-Jul-2013 Armchair traveller: East Coast
- 05-Jul-2013 Sunday Style Magazine
- 02-Jul-2013 Artists' retreat with Fiona Nicholls
- 29-Jun-2013 Armchair traveller: The Northern Hills
- 26-Jun-2013 Armchair traveller: Boat Harbour
- 23-Jun-2013 On the cover of Escape... again!
- 19-Jun-2013 An Anmatyerre girl on Lord Howe
- 16-Jun-2013 On the pass: frittata
- 14-Jun-2013 Travel journalists on holiday
- 30-May-2013 What to serve with lamb or beef?
- 25-May-2013 Tripadvisor Certificate of Excellence
- 21-May-2013 Armchair traveller: North Bay
- 20-May-2013 Fancy a good lunch?
- 15-May-2013 Need some cooking ideas?
- 08-May-2013 Organic gardening advice
- 30-Apr-2013 On the pass: sushi
- 26-Apr-2013 On the pass: porcini dust
- 24-Apr-2013 Armchair traveller: Kings Beach
- 20-Apr-2013 Cooking tips: the perfect steak
- 17-Apr-2013 Need some dessert ideas?
- 08-Apr-2013 Who won the Facebook Challenge
- 02-Apr-2013 An extraordinary Australian
- 24-Mar-2013 WIN 5 nights - the Facebook Challenge!
- 22-Mar-2013 Visit from the sexiest man on TV
- 17-Mar-2013 Some news from Lord Howe Island
- 15-Mar-2013 Tropical Cyclone Sandra
- 08-Mar-2013 Need some new kingfish ideas?
- 03-Mar-2013 4.5 star rating in TripAdvisor
- 26-Feb-2013 A little bit of news from Lord Howe
- 27-Jan-2013 Australian Yoga Journal
- 12-Jan-2013 Summer news from Pinetrees
- 05-Jan-2013 New day spa!
- 21-Oct-2012 Better Homes and Gardens again!
- 02-Oct-2012 "most perfect place in the world"
- 08-Sep-2012 Review of the Wellness Week in September 2012
- 29-Aug-2012 On the cover of Escape!
- 15-Aug-2012 Womans Day and Harpers Bazaar
- 01-Aug-2012 Pinetrees features in New Idea
- 08-Jul-2012 Peter Kuruvita at Pinetrees
- 27-May-2012 "Perfection on Lord Howe Island"
- 12-May-2012 Pinetrees features in the Times
- 25-Mar-2012 Rockfest at Lord Howe
- 29-Feb-2012 Bush Regeneration
- 17-Feb-2012 Discovery Day
- 01-Feb-2012 Pinetrees features in the Sydney Morning Herald
- 26-Nov-2011 Lounge room upgrade
- 12-Nov-2011 Pinetrees features on Better Homes & Gardens
- 20-Oct-2011 Review of Food and Wine with Tom Kime
- 08-Oct-2011 'Dream Destination' in the Sydney Morning Herald
- 10-Sep-2011 Go Cameron!
- 18-Aug-2011 Pinetrees signature dish in Daily Telegraph
- 30-Jul-2011 Review of the Food & Wine Week in July 2011
- 24-Jul-2011 Review of the Walking & Photography Week in July 2011
- 01-Jul-2011 Pinetrees on the cover of Smarter Business Ideas Magazine
- 29-Jun-2011 Pinetrees in the Sunday Telegraph
- 04-Jun-2011 Dani on 'Mornings with Kerri-Anne'
- 29-Apr-2011 signature
- 30-Mar-2011 Australian Traveller Declares Lord Howe Island Number 1
- 13-Mar-2011 Lord Howe Island on the cover of the Weekend Australian Magazine
- 12-Mar-2011 Pinetrees on page 5 of the Weekend Australian
- 10-Mar-2011 It's a girl - Pixie Mae Hanson!
- 30-Jan-2011 Visit from National Geographic
- 20-Jan-2011 New staff accommodation at Pinetrees
- 15-Jan-2011 Four course dinners with sunset canapes
- 06-Dec-2010 New Pinetrees uniforms
- 22-Nov-2010 Accolades for Pixie Rourke
- 20-Sep-2010 Lord Howe Island on the ABC News
- 09-Sep-2010 Qantas names the 'Pixie Rourke'
- 01-Sep-2010 Generational change at Pinetrees
I have recommended Pinetrees since I stayed there in the early 90’s! It was superb and the food excellent. It has a feeling like growing up in the 1950’s. I love the overall ambience of the Island.
Philip, Mosman, NSW
Lord Howe Island is an untouched paradise and unique setting. The atmosphere at Pinetrees Lodge is lovely and the staff are great, engaging and friendly. The food is sensational.
Philip, Kew, VIC
Everything about my stay on the island was a highlight, the Goat Cave, Ned’s Beach, the walks. I had a very pleasant stay at Pinetrees and the food was delicious and the staff great.
“5 Star all the way!!” You cannot improve on Pinetrees Lodge, the staff very friendly and helpful, comfortable accommodation, excellent food, great location and lots of history.
Goesecke, Woodville, SA
I really enjoyed the Mt Gower climb on Lord Howe Island and the birds, snorkelling, swimming, walks etc. I had a comfortable, social and friendly stay at Pinetrees Lodge and the food was outstanding.
The Island has beautiful scenery and walks to suit all levels of fitness. The highlight of my stay was riding a bike after 50 years! The excellent dining and friendly efficient staff at Pinetrees Lodge was exceptional.
Eric & Janet, Port Macquarie, NSW
The management of Pinetrees should be congratulated on making sure all guests leave with a smile on their face and a full tummy!
Rosemary & Arthur, Sussex, UK
The food and service at Pinetrees Lodge are better than excellence. The chefs are to be congratulated for the efficiency and quality of their meals. Everything exceeded our expectations.
John & Elvie, Glenbrook, NSW
Lord Howe is stunningly beautiful with a great variety of walks. Pinetrees Lodge is friendly, comfortable and if you want a place to lose yourself for a week this it! You have something precious here – an old world charm and ambience that is rarely found anywhere these days.
What a wonderful, relaxing break from the stresses of our normal world. The whole Pinetrees experience was wonderful and I will be back!
Jennifer, Warrawee, NSW
- 24-Oct-2016 Cooking with Steve Snow
- 31-Oct-2016 November Wellness Week
- 07-Nov-2016 November Walking & Photography Week
- 05-Dec-2016 Dive Week
- 23-Jan-2017 Summer Dive Week
- 30-Jan-2017 Ocean Swim Week
- 06-Feb-2017 Ocean Swim Week
- 13-Feb-2017 Ocean Swim Week
- 20-Feb-2017 Ocean Swim Week
- 24-Apr-2017 Seven Peaks Walk
- 01-May-2017 May Walking & Photography Week
- 08-May-2017 May Wellness Week
- 15-May-2017 Food & Wine Week
- 22-May-2017 May Adventure Week
- 04-Sep-2017 Spring Wellness Week
- 11-Sep-2017 Seven Peaks Walk
- 09-Oct-2017 Adventure Challenge Week
- 13-Nov-2017 Seven Peaks Walk